Most of you guys know and have seen my blog for recipes of cakes and all sorts of delicious items. Nankhatai are Indian Shortbread cookies that are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are made with Gram flour or Pulse flour which is made from ground chickpeas. These cookies are the perfect gift for any occasion and take almost no time to make!
Let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
This recipe is simple and easy. It requires some basic ingredients that most people already have at home.
¼ Cup Wheat Flour
4 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
2 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
4 tbsp Melted Ghee
- Take a bowl and add all three of the flours to it.
- Add in the powdered sugar. If you don’t have that, you can simply take granulated sugar and put it in a grinder to get powdered sugar.
- Add the melted ghee. You can add a tablespoon of butter as well or use a combination of butter and ghee. Make sure that your butter and ghee don’t have too much salt in them. Mix the dough well.
- Divide the dough into equally-sized portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth, round ball .
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees or 200 degrees for a few minutes. Mine doesn’t get too hot which is why I chose 200 degrees.
- Arrange these on the tray which is lined with baking paper.
- Bake the nan khatais at 180 degree for 20 – 25 mins until they’re golden brown and have cracks on top. Check the Nan khatais every 10 minutes. These can burn easily.
- Allow them to cool on a cooling rack and then store them in an airtight container.
- Devour your creation!
Until Next Time,