I’ve wanted to talk about this for so, so long. BLOGGING is serious business. It requires hardwork and lots of motivation. It just can’t be done without putting in your best efforts.
So, before I begin, I’d like to tell you all that this is a two part post: the first part consists of content writing and ideas for blog posts and the second is about tips and tricks to click perfect photos. I would love it if you can go ahead and check out that too!
It turns out that I’ve been getting a lot of traffic from my recent posts. The reason for this, is very clear: Good quality images. Over the past few months, I have written for the most amazing bloggers. I obviously get paid for this but I also learned a lot on the way. One thing that was common among them was the requirement to be able to click aamazing pictures. I used to mess it up at first but then, I realised how simply and easy it really is.
Some bloggers stress a lot about having clear images. This has a lot to do with getting traffic on your blog. You see, Google displays images on top that are crisp, clear and captioned. The only thing you need for that is a camera that clicks good quality pictures, a white or solid-colored background and props.
So without further ado, here are a few tips and tricks:
- CLEAN BACKGROUND: A solid-colored or plain white background works best. You can even get scrapbooking paper to add a little sass to it! For the background, you can even use a pale cloth or a fuzzy carpet!
Using a pale, sheer cloth as a background:
- PROPS: You can make props yourself, cut a few glitter sheets into hearts or aa handful of confetti using a punching machine. You can use sprinkles or just some fresh flowers from your garden! It really makes a difference.
- LIGHTING: Don’t ruin your images by adding artificial lighting, click Photos in a room where you get NATURAL SUNLIGHT. Make sure it’s not too bright though!
- KEEP IT RAW: Do not blurr the backgrounds or add additional filters. These will just make the photos look very different.
- EQUIPMENT: Now, it’s NOT necessary to have an expensive camera for good-quality photos. You can click them with your phone or a digital camera.
- EDITING: Don’t edit your images too much. Just add a bit of light or exposure, whichever you think is needed the most.
- CAPTION IT!: Captions are definitely important. Google searches, and sorts images through the caption. If you use WordPress, it is VERY simple: just click the image, click ‘edit’ and add a relevant caption!
Well, that’s the end of the list. I really can’t think of anything else that you need to focus on! Just keep the points, which I mentioned, in your mind. I’ll be updating this page when I gather more information. If you have ANY questions, post them down below and I’ll definitely get back to you.
As always, Like, Comment and Follow my blog, if you haven’t already.
Until next time,