Hey everyone! Most of the times, my friends ask me how I make burgers at home. No matter how hard they try, burgers never seem to taste like the restaurant style ones at home. Well, the secret, my friend, shall be revealed in this post! Today I’ll be showing you how you can make a delicious, tasty Burger at home.
- Burger buns.
- Potato Hash Patty. (Recipe below)
- Sliced tomatoes and onions. (You can add lettuce, tofu, eggs etc. This is a classic Potato Patty Burger recipe.)
- Eggless mayonnaise. (you can use fresh cream, as a substitute)
- Tomato ketchup.
- Oil to fry the Patty.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE:
- Get the freshest Burger buns: The key is to smell them, you’ll find a sweet and delicious smell like fresh bread. I use Burger buns from English Oven.
- Get the Patty ready: Grate boiled potatoes, add salt, chilli powder, amchoor (dried mango powder), coriander powder and Mix with a fork.
PRO TIP: Potatoes should be 95% cooked. The rest 5% will be cooked while frying. We are going to make a “Hash” Patty. Hash is when you Grate potatoes and fry them, when you bite into the “hash”, the texture is much different from a normal patty and the texture is like that of ” #” and that’s why it’s called a hash.
- Take the Patty and fry it on a nonstick pan.
- Take some fresh Burger buns, slice them in half and lightly brown the insides of it.
- Slice the tomatoes and onions.
- Switch off the flame and put the tomatoes on the pan to cook them slightly, this ensures your tomatoes are fresh, warm and soft. (Not mushy)
ASSEMBLING THE BURGER:
- Spread some eggless mayonnaise on the burger bun.
- Add the warm tomatoes.
- Place the Patty on top of the tomatoes.
- Add the onions on top. (I love onions in a burger)
- Spread ketchup on the remaining half of the bun.
- Put the two together and ENJOY! Serve warm/hot accompanied with coke/Pepsi/juice AND my special Piri Piri fries!
I hope you enjoyed reading this simple recipe, let me know if you try it at home!
Until next time,