[Warning: Contains pictures that will make you drool]
Today I’m going to be showing you the stuff I bought from Lajpat Nagar. Also, I’ll be sharing some bargaining tips here and there,make sure you read them and keep them in mind the next time you visit.
So, first things first, Lajpat Nagar is located in the south Delhi district of Delhi. I went to the market on 31st of December, which was of course New year’s eve, and the market was quite crowded. On Sundays and Mondays, the market remains closed BUT the best part is that on these days the flea market is open. It has the cheapest and best bits that you can take home.
Tip: Visit the flea market on monday with a big stash of cash. Keep an eye out for deals. I once got a tiny shop which sold shoes for 100 bucks, only. Needless to say, I got almost three pairs of shoes.
The lajpat Nagar market is a huge market with foreigners and eager shopaholics making most of the crowd. The market has it’s share of showrooms, shops and stauls.
Tip: if there’s something specific you’re looking for, don’t buy it the first time you see it in the market. LOOK and see around yourself. My mom and I were looking for a few neckpieces that we can casually wear with outfits, While my mom was busy choosing neckpieces which were 75 bucks each, I found a tiny shop selling them for as cheap as 30 bucks. (Scroll down to see the pictures! )
Apart from clothes, shoes and accesories, Lajpat Nagar Market has a wide variety of delicious snacks and drinks. My personal favourite snack would be the Laddu Vada Which is served with a green coriander chutney and diced radish. I also love to have the lemon mocktail soda which is iced and perfect after a stressful day. The uncle who sits at the corner of the road makes a perfect sweet and sour glass according to your choice!
If you get a chance to go there, tell him that I sent you there!
Finally, I’ll skip to the BEST part,
The Things that I got from Lajpat Nagar:
1.The Beaded jewellery (Price: 30 Rs. EACH)
- The American flag bracelet: This bracelet caugh my eye and stole my heart. I am in love with accesories that have the American flag on them, they’re just so chic and classy!
- Mint coloured beaded neckpiece: This neckpiece was the first thing I picked. Having such a gorgeous color, this mint coloured beauty is currently trending.
- Bohemian style neckpiece: the color scheme on this one is absolutely beautiful, it goes well with most of my outfits and brings out the best in them.
- The blue and red long neckpiece: this neckpiece has the turquoise and red beads which make it look so classy.
2.Winter essentials: Socks! (Price: 4 for 100Rs.)
They look wayyyy too pretty in reality. My personal favorite would be the pink one. Very chic!
3.Shoes (Price: 150Rs. each)
4. Sweaters and tops (Price: 100Rs each)
That’s it, for this time. If you’d like me to write more such posts, show some love and hit the like button. I assure you, another haul is going to be up soon! Comment below your favorite part of the haul!